Some people love lists. They relish creating the list. To list lovers it doesn’t matter if it is a Shopping List, a To Do List, Packing List or the ever popular Bucket List, the creation of the list is almost as fulfilling as crossing items off the list. When a true list lover completes a task they feel the ultimate power as they take a pen in their mighty hand and make that strong line through the completed task. Power. It’s all about the power.
I think I might be a Border Line List Lover. I confess that I feel powerful when I cross items off my lists, but the main reason I create lists is because if I don’t write it down…..I forget. What is really tragic is when I make a shopping list and then forget to bring it with me when I go to the store. Sad. I know.
I thought it would be good for me to write a Thanksgiving List with the Top 5 Things I ‘m Thankful for this past year. That way, say next year at this time I could pull up this list and remember what I was thankful for. A type of memorial.
- I am Thankful that I have a loving family. Really. I know everyone says that and I’m saying it too, but I truly mean it! Alan is my best friend in the whole wide world. We must be doing something right because the 32 year mile marker is right around the corner. My children are the coolest kids, they make me feel special and loved. Then there’s the grandkids, don’t get me started. And last but not least, my parents, they are supportive and caring, who could ask for anything more?
- I am Thankful that I am 8 years cancer free. God’s Grace.
- I am Thankful for a decent roof over my head. I’m super glad that I am not homeless and living under a bridge or in a box. Seriously.
- I am Thankful I have 2 jobs. This past year I gained employment of not 1 job but 2. Before I landed these positions thankfulness #3 was looking a little shaky.
- I am Thankful that I started this blog. I love writing, sharing my sometimes funny stories, making new friends and having a written record of my thoughts.
This blog is kind of like the Paramount List of Lists for me. For a Border Line List Lover, that’s big, really big.